Sunday, February 11, 2018

Peek-A-Boo Project: An Artist's Heart



 
An artist's heart can be a dark place, for many years I dreaded February the most. Of all months it was the saddest and darkest for me as it reminded me of my aloneness. I now have a lovely amazing partner who challenges me to be my better self. My virgin Peek-a-Boo Project, [pun intended] is a homage to those darker days. I've titled it "An Artist's Heart"

supplies: Reliquary - Tower Top from Gypsy Souls Laser Cuts, old newspaper, sharpie, acrylic paints-black, copper, gold, long bristle paintbrush, distress ink, matt medium, mini-screws, screwdriver, awl, deerskin leather strip, clamps, glue, heart embellishment-I am using a polymer clay piece I created.

1.   Take the Reliquary-Tower Top apart
2.  Distress a piece of newspaper using the shredded paper technique I posted earlier.
3.  Place top part of Reliquary-Tower on distressed paper, trace so you know how it will fit under finished frame.
4.  Remove distressed paper and quickly draw an outline of where newspaper will be placed on back part of Reliquary-Tower Top Frame. Cut paper.
5.  Attach distressed paper in its proper place using matt medium.
6.  Distress edges of back part of frame and paint the top portion with black paint.
7.  Distress top part of frame and add gold, black and copper paint using a long bristle brush dabbing until you have the desired texture.
8.  Put frame parts together by carefully gluing and holding in place with clamps.
9.  To further secure the frames and add some interest I added mini screws purchased from a jewelry supply company.  
10.              Now place heart embellishment where you would like it. Using an awl punch through back making sure holes are big enough to string deerskin leather through.
11.              Attach heart embellishment and tie off. Cut ends of deerskin leather strip to desired length.
      12.     Add copper micro-beads to top crevices for added texture.
 
13.              This makes a great stand alone piece or 3-D valentine.  I will be using it as a panel for one of my Treasure Books or on a Houdini-Hideaway Box.







 






































No comments:

Post a Comment