This project grew out of a pile of mismatched and discarded items. I had leftover hummingbirds from a decorative napkin, a back portion of a triptych tower top, an arch top house silhouette piece, some fern fronds, and honeycomb, all parts from previous installments. I’ve long been fascinated by hummingbirds and Vintage Audubon Prints. These are the inspiration for this installment.
Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Arch Top House Silhouettes, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Triptych Tower Top, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Fern Fronds, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Honeycomb & Queen Bees ATC Sized, Black Ink, Paintbrush, White Gesso, Decorative Napkins, Halo Blue Gold Acrylic Paint, Nail Polish, Embossing Ink Roller Applicator, Script Stamp, Allure Mercury Rising Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Weldbond, Metal Clamps, Ultra Thick Gel Medium, Embellishments, Mica Flakes, Micro Beads
1. Look through you treasure tough of misfit art supplies and be inspired. I found part of a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Arch Top House Silhouettes, and part of a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Triptych Tower Top to use for this project.
2. I painted the GSLC Arch Top House Silhouette with black in and a paintbrush.
3. I had leftover hummingbirds from a decorative napkin.
4. After taking off the two plies I realized they were too thin, and I would not see their gorgeous details, so I painted the back of them with white gesso.
6. I layered several of the hummingbirds to assure clarity of design.
7. I next painted the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Triptych Tower Top with halo blue gold acrylic paint.
9. Using Embossing ink with a roller applicator I added some script to the frame. Using Allure Mercury Rising Embossing powder and a heating tool.
10. Glue the prepared hummingbird piece to the green frame. Offsetting leaving space at the bottom to create a small assemblage.
12. Go through your stash of embellishments and choose some interesting pieces to add to the bottom portion. I am using fern fronds, honeycomb, leaves and flowers to build up the bottom portion of your project using Ultra Thick Gel Medium.
14. Allow to dry fully.
I love happy mistakes, magical misfits or what Bob Ross called “happy little accidents”. This project surprised me and allowed me to be fully creative as I had no idea what the final project would look like.
Other Bob Ross Quotes.
“I guess I am a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people.”
“I can’t think of anything more rewarding than being able to express yourself to others through painting (art). Exercising the imagination, experimenting with our talents, being creative; these things, to me, are truly the windows to your soul.”
“Let’s get crazy.”
“this is your world, you’re the creator. Find freedom on this canvas. Believe, that you can do it, ‘cuz you can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!”