Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Autumnal Animals Assemblage-A Peek-a-Boo-Project

Walks in Autumn Woodlands are some of my favorites and I often imagine the childhood song “The Teddy Bears Picnic” as I stroll along. These are the inspirations for this instillation. Just like a walk in the woods discovering what lies around each bend was the progression of this project. It had many twists and turns, come along for my meandering imaginations.
 
 
Supplies:  Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Chunky ATC Blanks, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Fold Up Box Oval , Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-ATC Ticket Journal, Images Collected from Pinterest and Personal Photographs, Editing Program, Power Point App, Printer, Scissors, Weldbond, Scrap of Pictorial Paper I used TH  Abandoned Halloween Paper, Sandpaper Block, Black Sharpie Matte Medium, TH Distress Stain Gathered Twig, Paintbrush, Ferro Texture Paint Celtic and Copper, Small Plastic Spatula, TH Distress Sprays-Antique Linen and Carved Pumpkin, TH Distress Oxide Sprays-Amber, Marmalade, Pistachio, Cheap Hair Spray, Washi Tape, UHU Glue Stick, Miniature Leaf Punch, Random Magazine Images,
1.    I’ve always wanted to have my own line of Scrapbook Papers. This begins a long-involved process that I hope one day will materialize. For this project I looked through Pinterest for images of woodland Animals, Mushrooms, and Tapestries.
 
 
2.     Once I found what I was looking for, hours later…I used Microsoft Word and Power Point to remove image backgrounds, shrink and layer them into the pieces I used for the fronts of these Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Chunky ATC Blanks.
 
 
3.    I cut out prepared layered images and glued them to the front of the GSLC Chunky ATCs.
 
4.    Once dried I traced and cut out pieces of TH Abandoned Paper for the back of the GSLC ATCs.
5.     Sand Edges with a Sandpaper Block.
6.    Use a Black Sharpie of the edges of the GSLC ATCs.
7.    Seal GSLC ATCs with a glaze made of Matte Medium and TH Gathered Twig Distress Stain.
8.    Once dry I realized I wanted something to hold my super cool GSLC ATCs.
9.    Going through my stash I settled on the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Fold Up Box Oval.
10.                     Randomly use a small plastic spatula to apply Ferro Texture Paint in Celtic and Copper.
11.                   Once Dry Spray with TH Distress Sprays-I used Antique Linen and Carved Pumpkin, following by TH Distress Oxide Sprays- I used Amber, Marmalade, and Pistachio.

12.                   Seal everything in with hairspray.
13.                   Assemble Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Fold Up Box Oval using Weldbond to hold into place. Box with Matte Medium.
 
14.                   Now I realized I needed more items to fill my box so once again I went through my stash and found a Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-ATC Ticket Journal.
 
15.                    I wanted to keep the look somewhat rustic, so I did not add any medium to the journal. I searched through my photographs and settled on a few of my fall favorites. Once I resized them, I made photocopies.
16.                   I wanted to reinforce the GSLC ATC Ticket Journal, so I added some strips of washi tape securing with a UHU Gluestick.
17.                   I then used the UHU Gluestick to add my prepared and cut out photographs.
18.                   To keep with the woodland animal theme, I used UHU Glue to add bits of another washi tape I had.
19.                   Last layer was to add autumn leaves made using a miniature leaf punch and random magazine images.
20.                   I added them using Weldbond and sealing with Matte Medium. 


Some Final Thoughts.
 
 
 

“If you go down in the woods today, you’re in for a sure surprise…see them gaily gad about, they love to play and shout. They never have any cares…Today’s the day the teddy bears have their picnic”
Another favorite musical of ours is “Into the Woods” So many wonderful songs and profound truths.
“The way is dark, the light is dim, the chances look small the choices look grim, but everything you learn there, will help when you return there. The light is getting dimmer… I think I see a glimmer. Into the woods—you have to grope, but that’s the way you learn to cope. Into the wood to find there’s hope of getting through the journey.”

I think it is time for me to re-watch it now.
 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the step-by-step description of the process. Very helpful to new artists. And they make one appreciate the time and care that go into such things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words! I’m glad my artwork brings you joy and inspiration.

      Delete