Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Vintage Vegabond Valentine-A Peek-a-Boo Project



I have always loved this quote by J.R.R. Tolkien, All who wander are not lost." Here is the full poem

The Riddle of Strider

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.


From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.


This is the inspiration for this artwork.


Supplies:  GSLC Celtic Hearts, GSLC Steampunk Hearts, GSLC Grape Vines, GSCL Latin Script Background , Thin Cardboard, ScrapbookPapers, UNH GlueStick, Wide Washi Tape, WeldBond, UHU GlueStick, Paper Trimmer, Printer, Vintage Cardstock, Metallic Cardstock

  1. Gather Supplies.
  2. I am Using Leftover GSLC Hearts from Previous Blog 
  3. GSLC Steampunk Hearts Were Painted in Metallic Acrylic Paints-Gold, Copper, Bronze.
  4. GSLC Celtic Hearts Were Painted in Acrylic Paints-Reds, Pinks, and Neon Orange.
  5. GSLC Grape Vines From  Another Project They are Painted in Green Acrylic Paints and Dry Brushed with Gold and Neon Pink.
  6. Leave GSCL Latin Script Background Unpainted.
  7. Cut Thin Cardboard Into Two 5 by 6 Inches Pieces.
  8. Use Washi Tape to Create a Hinge Spine for two Pieces of Thin Cardboard.
  9. Cut Scrapbook Papers into Same Sizes and Glue to Thin Cardboard using a UHU GlueStick.
  10. Use WeldBond and UHU GlueStick to Make a Pleasing Composition of GSLC Pieces.
  11. Press Flat with a Weight Object.
  12. Type and Print J.R.R Tolkien Poem and Greeting. Trim to Size.
  13. Cut Metallic Cardstock to Make a Frame Poem and Greeting.
  14. Glue Poem and Greeting to Inside of Prepared Card.
  15. Add Silk Ribbon to Add Texture and Intrigue



Final Thoughts

I think the song Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros summarize my feeling about a Vagabond Love.



I also love this cover of Neil Young's Helpless   by Cowboy Junkies.

"Helpless"


There is a town in north Ontario,

With dream comfort memory to spare,

And in my mind

I still need a place to go,

All my changes were there.

Blue, blue windows behind the stars,

Yellow moon on the rise,

Big birds flying across the sky,

Throwing shadows on our eyes.

Leave us

Helpless, helpless, helpless

Baby can you hear me now?

The chains are locked

and tied across the door,

Baby, sing with me somehow.

Blue, blue windows behind the stars,

Yellow moon on the rise,

Big birds flying across the sky,

Throwing shadows on our eyes.

Leave us

Helpless, helpless, helpless.





This is the greeting I included inside of my Vintage Vagabond Valentine

Happy Valentines Day 

To My Vagabond

Companion.

Wherever We Travel 

You are My Home.

With You By My Side

I Am Never Alone.











No comments:

Post a Comment