Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Squeaky Shutters-A Peek-a-Boo Project

It's no secret that Halloween is my favorite holiday. I also am a closeted Scooby Doo fanatic, it is still one of my favorite cartoons. I loved the Mystery Machine, the creepy locations the gang went to, the Scooby Snacks, the unveiling of the monsters true identity-these are the inspirations for this artwork. 
 

Supplies: Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Window with Shutters, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Creepy Corners-1, Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Trading Coin Covers-Halloween, Halloween Cardstock, Pen Scissors, Weldbond, Bookboard, Cosmic Shimmer Lava Paste, Rubber Roller Brayer, Heating Tool, Oil Pastels, Blue Opal Magic Mica Powder, Paintbrush, Matte Varnish, One Step Crackle Finish, Color Pencils,

1.  Gather Supplies

2.   Cut a Piece of Bookboard the Size of Open Window.

3.  Trace and Cut out a Piece of Halloween Cardstock of Your Choosing.

4.  Glue Halloween Cardstock to Bookboard with Weldbond.

5.  Use Rubber Roller Brayer to Randomly add Layer of Cosmic Shimmer Lava Paste to Both Side Of Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Window with Shutters.

6.  Cure with heating Tool.

7.  Color Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Creepy Corners-1 and  Haunted House from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts-Trading Coin Covers-Halloween With Oil Pastels.

8.  Add Blue Opal Magic Mica Powder with a Paintbrush to the Cobweb Corner

9.  Glue all Pieces Together with Weldbond.

10.                Once Fully Dry  Add a Layer of One Step Crackle Finish to Open Window Part of Artwork.

11.                Once Dry Fill In Cracks with Colored Pencils.

12.                Seal with Matter Varnish and Allow to Dry Fully.

Some Final Thoughts.

Excerpt From "the House With Nobody In It" -Joyce Kilmer

"Whenever I walk to Suffern along the Erie Track, I go by a poor old farmhouse, with its shingles broken... I have never seen a haunted house, but I hear there are such things: That they hold the talk of spirits, their mirth and sorrowings, I know this house isn't haunted, and I wish it were, I do. For it wouldn't be so lonely if it had a ghost or two." 

"When owls, bats and ghost are seen. It must be time for Halloween."

 

"Scooby Doo taught us that the real monsters are humans..and if that isn't deep I don't know what is."

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment