Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Peek-A-Boo Project-Queen of HeARTs

Today I said goodbye to my sweet orange Tabby named Ruby. She like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland were both gingers and knew what they wanted. Ruby was short for Rhubarb because she was so sassy. This is my way of honoring her in a in a ruby inspired piece.
Supplies:  Reliquary - Arch Top from Gypsy Souls Laser Cuts, decorative paper, sand sponge, distress stains of your choosing,  permanent ink of your choosing, stamp to add details, ink blending tool, iced enamel medium, embossing enamel or powder, heat tool, Weldbond glue, clamps, small stiff bristle brush, focal point I used a polymer clay piece I created using molds and metal angel wings and mica powders,  Ziploc baggie of kitty litter, heavy gel medium,  assortment of metal and plastic embellishments, microbeads
1.  Take the Gypsy Souls Laser Cuts Reliquary Arch Top apart.

2.  Use back panel to trace a stencil on a piece of decorative paper you will use for back panel.
3.  Cut out decorative paper panel and adhere to back panel using Weldbond.
4.  Allow to dry fully.
5.  Use a sandpaper sponge to lightly distress the edges.
6. Apply Tim Holtz  Distress Stain Ripe Persimmon to the edges.
7.  Next use a stamp of your choosing to apply so interesting layers to your background. I used Wendy Vecchi Cactus Flower Archival Ink.
8.  Use a blending tool to add depth and interest to your background and to darken the edges.

9.  On top portion of Gypsy Souls Laser Cuts Reliquary Arch I added Iced Enamel Medium.
10.                Sprinkle with embossing enamel or powder. I used Susan Lenhart Kazmer Iced Enamels Garnet
11.                Cure with your heating tool.
12.                I added more age by apply some Susan Lenhart Kazmer Iced Enamels Torched Coppers in random areas.

13.                Cure with a heating tool.

 
 
 

14.   Glue the two pieces of the Gypsy Souls Laser Cuts Reliquary Arch together using Weldbond glue and clamps. I used a small stiff bristle brush to remove any Weldbond that squeezed through the frames.
15.                Gather central focal point. I used a polymer clay piece I made using molds and following instructions on package.
 


 


 

 
16.                Glue focal point using Weldbond I left room at the bottom to add smaller details.
17.                I use a bag of kitty litter to press securely on to background and allow to dry overnight.
18.                Assemble your project by building layers securing embellishments with heavy gel medium and a small stiff bristle brush.
 
19.                Before everything dries sprinkle with microbeads, I used copper and black.
20.                Allow to dry for 24 hours so heavy gel medium will cure clear.
 
This makes a great stand alone piece or 3-D Mother's Day gift.  I will be using it as panel for one of my Classic Combo Limited Edition Alice in Wonderland Treasure Books.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment